Thread: New TV
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
rdunk

I don't know very much about it, but if you are considering a new "flat panel" (not flat screen) type TV, then you may want to consider the latest technology for the best picture. That would be an "LED" TV. They are so new, some of the stores don't have them yet. I haven't seen them in Wal-Mart yet - lol. I did see some Samsung LED's in Best Buy this week. The contrast ratios of the LED TV's are off the charts, in the millions-to-one rather than a few thousand-to-one. Also, the LED TV's I have seen are higher resolution, and have 120hz screen refresh rate, which helps to eliminate the screen jitter. Samsung does have a 32 inch LED TV, and I think it is in the $1200 to $1500 range. Probably in the lower range on the internet. I really haven't searched out who else is making the LED TV's.

We haven't replaced our 27 inch Sony, so I can't help with the installation. That old heavy picture tube TV has such a good picture, I just haven't found a good reason to change it out yet (except forrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the weight).

Good luck!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote