View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
wingnut60
Site Team

electric, propane lines

Nor is a worn electric line--found it the hard way. Guess the cord had been rubbing against something since the webbing broke--got a pretty good tingle while trying to figure out a way to mount the replacement webbing. I cannot figure how to use the replacement--the original was screwed to the frame pivot-point forward. The slide side connection had the pivot point facing rearward. Best I can tell, when the slide came in, the webbing had to double bend (S shape). Both ends were screwed to the frame or slide--the replacement webbing has an aluminum pivot that the original did not have (the other 2 webs on the trailer have the alum pivot). There is no way I can see to mount the alum pivot rod--nothing but the slide floor to bolt it too--and the slide floor is very thin.

This type of line support sucks big time for being done correctly--no way can you expect plastic to continue to bend in the same place and not come apart. I have the hinge-to-the-frame figured out, but the other end has me very confused--will continue to mess with it, maybe I'll find an MS on my upcoming trip to look at.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote