View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #62
terry and jo

Well, this of course falls into the "two cents" worth category, but if you are going to eliminate the desk anyway, why not have the longer island like Delaine and Lindy (The View) have in theirs?

We wanted the desk, so the peninsula just extends the area of where we can place things in the desk and on the kitchen countertop. For instance, we may need to occasionally set a printer up there.

I will say that with the peninsula, if you need to reach the electrical outlet that is back behind that "roll-up" door on the cabinet, it is a good stretch with the peninsula in the way. If you had just an island, that area would be much easier to get into. I'm 5'8" tall, and I can barely reach that outlet from behind the peninsula. One can't at all reach it from the desk side of the counter.

As you can see in the photo, we elected to order the oven. Some things are just better if cooked over a long period of time. Jo's roasts just fall apart with a fork, oh, and beans. And cornbread. Damn, Jo's a good cook.

Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_6404_131.jpg (102.0 KB, 185 views)
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote