View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
Mtntrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Weier View Post
I own a 2013 DRV Elite Suite when purchased it had an MSRP of $160,000 with trade of a 2006 Koutry Air (that I wish I still owned) I financed $110,000 in other words I got my trade stole from me. I was informed last week that high trade value was $40,000. I would like to know how I've lost $120,000 in 5 years. Invest your money wisely and $120,000....loss in 5 years is not wisely!!!! If I could do everything all over again I would have saved my money and I would have bought a used diesel pusher 5+ years old (((look around at the high end low mile flagship pushers on the net great deals for about the same price of a new 5th wheel))) so most of its depreciation has happened they are built 10000 times better than any fifth wheel on the road and I'm talking low quality beginner entry level diesel pushers. If I took the time and got into the level of detail of issues I've had with my Elite Suite you would get sick and tired of reading. It would read like a very boring novel all I can tell you is I've had issues from day one (I have the receipts to back it up). I will never own another DRV product as long as I live. If you must stay with fifth wheels I would sure check out probably New Horizons, Spacecraft, or possibly a Lux I've heard good things. New Horizon and Spacecraft are one-off in other words they're not built on some assembly line where they're being paid piece work.
First off, it's unfortunate to hear that you've been having a difficult time with the RV industry in general. Not a good thing. Also that your DRV experience was painful. I suspect that it could very well have been repeated with any number of products as the industry has a history of disappointments for some.
You use some phrasing that causes me to cringe slightly only because we might substitute any other high ticket item(s) in place of the items listed here. Unfortunately RV's in particular are not investments in a traditional sense, but pure expenditures, in every aspect. It's been my experience(s) over multiple decades that "Trades" and "financing" with career salespeople seldom end well for the consumer when dealing with high depreciation and / or luxury items.
Case in point: a close friend recently purchased a 14' ES from a private seller. Now this fellow is an experienced horse trader and did well on a very nice trailer and paid well over twice what you're quoting as high trade. No brag, It wasn't even listed (advertised) yet, and the seller had 2 other dismayed qualified buyers should our friend have backed out. Granted every region is different, as are buyers needs. The sellers opted to keep their DP/tag low mileage "Flagship" which probably still would command $475K. A DP motor chassis isn't cheap and depreciates about as fast. Thought about qualified service and maintenance, talk about taking it in the shorts... oops.
I'm unsure of the relevance of MSRP pricing... as another post mentioned.
NH are nice, I'd think you'd need to figure a good 50% more in value.
SC also nice but I doubt you'd touch one of them for 2-5 times the cost plus a likely MDT requirement.
We are acquainted with many owners of various types and styles of equipment. They all have had issues and some nightmare's. The fabled "Unicorn" can be elusive.
Hopefully you are able to find something that suits your needs, best of luck.
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-txt, Yamaha-G22E
Mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote