View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
keithandpenne

Stacy,

Here is a picture of the curb side slide, the slide floor lays on top of the main floor. I found a transition stirp that I used to finish off the edge. The first movement of the slide causes it to start lifting as it moves in so that it clears off the floor within the first half-inch of travel. I found the transition strip at a commercial flooring store.

The street side slide has three rollers fastened to the floor. The two in the kitchen have to be shimmed up the thickness of the flooring. The three rollers fastened to the bottom of the cabinet roll on top of the flooring to cary the weight of the front edge as the slide moves in. I started to shim the desk bottom roller but since it does not have a roller above it, I left it alone. Since I had to shim the bottom rollers, the front end of slides paint lines are off about 1/8-3/16" but it clears the opening edges all the way around.

I found that after jacking up the slide, I could use a 1/4" drive air ratchet to back out the screws holding the rollers down. I cut a shim to fit between the screws and one on the outside of set of screws. It made it a simple job compared to having to use an offset screwdriver.

I also had to shim the peninsula the thickness of the flooring to provide clearance for the bottom of the cabinet to clear.

Side note, I calculate that the weight gain to be just under 200 lbs after the old carpet and vinyl as it weighed just over 100 lbs.

We have enjoyed our table in the rear because of the view and also gives more room. We ordered without a couch or window treatments other than the day/night shades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3014_182.jpg (105.5 KB, 407 views)
2005 36TK3 #1855
2008 F450 CC Lariat
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote