View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
Motor31

Welp here is how I did it. I have an advantage in that I have a big truck with air bags. I could use the truck to lift the trailer in increments by inflating the air bags then chocking the trailer pin, deflate and add more lumber to the equation. In my case the jacks would not lift the rig but would hold it long enough to set the wood to make another lift. We left the truck in place as a safety stop should the situation go south on us. The tires were blocked and brakes set.

This is a blog a buddy of mine has and there are 3 pix of the "system" the Lippert tech (they sent him to Northern Washington state from Portland OR.) and I used to get the job done. Jacking the rig up is the only really hard part.

http://tinkytravels.blogspot.com/200...1_archive.html

As far as measurement is concerned you might be able to get the lengths (stored and extended) from the DRV factory on your unit. That will tell Lippert what size ram to send.

FWIW we only replaced the bad ram and all others are still functioning fine to date. Knock on wood and cross fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan
Well, I have made progress. I got them to assign me a work order #. They have requested that I send them a picture of the jack and measure the jack. No instructions on WHAT I am to measure, an unlevel site could have a different measurement. I need to find a dealer or a mobile rv tech that is familiar with these hydraulics. We are close to Reno now and will be in Ventura County, CA for the winter, so that may be interesting. So Motor 31, how does that work to hold the unit up while replacing the ram???
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote