View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
rotaxman

Poor seals

I agree with Gemstone,Ron, and Bruce first off DRV has NO engineering talent what so ever. Dan Tauer lays claim to be the driving force behind that worthless kitchen slide seal. Pats himself on the back about what a great thing he designed. He used to be a district sales rep before they moved him up the ladder.

Normal the less you know the further you go. I did something similar to Bruce on my 06 and replaced the seal with one that was not cut also rigged the rollers so that the seal could not be caught when running the slide in. Something that should have been done by DRV if they had any engineering talent. Any 4 year old could have done a better job.

Drv likes to talk about the great R ratings and those big thick walls but when you can see daylight coming in under the slides those R ratings go right down the toliet and those walls might just as well be made out of 1/4 inch plywood . Drv likes to talk mainly to just to hear themselves talk.

Making the same mistakes over and over for the past 5 years, using defective frames, poor slide seals, quota based assembly line the use of Dometic products no QC in place the list goes on and one I could go on all night.

Bruce also mentioned about allowing air flow to all parts of the trailer that is somewhat more difficult with this new 09 than it was with my 06. My 06 was a 36ft and had two furnace vents in the bedroom my 09 is a 38ft and has had the outlets reduced to one in the bedroom another brainstorm some one at DRV had saved DRV about $1.50 per unit its all about the bottom line.

I suggested to Coleyfarms in a pm that he contact Paul Cross if anyone can figure out what's going on and how to fix it and get DRV to step up to the plate and pay for it Paul is the man

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro