Thread: Battery wiring
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #9
clev

Thank you, port, for taking the time to discuss this with me, and having patience with my lack of knowledge on this project. Rather than go to PM, I'll continue here, just in case others are following for information.

1. All of my solar instructions show direct connections to the batteries. Would they not charge better with a direct connection? Would they not lose a degree of charging power by being routed through the bus, to the inverter, through the shunt and fuse, and then to the batteries?

2. Except for a LARGE shunt on the negative and LARGE fuse on the positive, the LARGE cables connect directly to the 2800 magnum inverter. Do I install the bus bar cables directly to the lugs on the inverter with the large cables?
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote