View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #5
rogermack50

thanks Brenda and jim, 68 - 71 69/70 in Nam, 3/7 1st marines...i was a 0351...jack of all weapons mos, the original McGyvers of the Corps, Grunts.... Demolition, flame thrower, 106mm what ever they needed, my brother bill was a SeaBee Reserves and his untit was called up twice for Vietnam tours, i had to wait until he return from hos 2nd tour before i could go over, I guess the Sullivan rule from ww2..He helpped build Chu Lai airport and others...He was so lucky because they went over as a unit, all local guys, all became friends, one married into our family...they fed each others business's when they came home, no guy was further than 10 miles apart, all became quite successful in their busineeses..Me, i came home and never saw anyone of my unit again...Agent Orange got me thus the No voice thing, feeding tube to eat etc...it sucks but i can still standup, play golf, etc...always Vertical never lateral thats my goal.....LOL....Jerry Cans are too heavy for me filled with gas, but i have 2 - 2 1/2 gallon gs tanks that should give me 35 extra miles, i might buy a couple more, we'll see..again thanks for the reply...
Semper Fi forever my friends...
rogermack50 is offline   Reply With Quote