View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
hitchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheif 2
...I was considering gutting at least from the bedroom door back and putting in a totally different floor plan based on what could be done with my slide configuration.
I found the 38RL floorplan to double check your slide arrangement. It doesn't look much different than the 38TK, so it looks like it could be gutted. Which means opening it up and possibly remove the partial walls between the LR and kitchen. But it all depends on where the electric wiring, plumbing and furnace runs are as to the extent.

The more you tear out and replace, the more it will cost to redo. I had done a spreadsheet for fixing our 2006 Elite Suite versus buying New. New one won out because the ES was basically the same as when we purchased it. And in our case, the new MS gave us a longer floorplan and all the upgrades minus granite (and appliance colors were different) for just slightly more than what we had in to our ES.

Either way, it looks like it's a job for a Professional, unless you're handy and have skills (and a place to live during the remodel).

http://www.mobilesuitervs.com/38rl3/38rl3.html[/url]

Vickie
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote