View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
hitchup

I'm with you. Unless we win the lottery, this is our final Suite. Everytime I look over other floorplans, I can find a flaw or something that I'd have to live without. So I have an ongoing list that I add to as other forum members post upgrades and subtract as we do one.

We had Paul Cross at Indiana Interstate redo all of our slide awnings, add the dinette/buffet table. He uses the same cabinet shop that DRV does. I know other Suite owners have used Paul to change peninsula cabinets (TK) into a Island (RS) plan and change out new countertops and sinks. Am sure they can handle almost any kind of bookcase or cabinet. I think they may do carpet, too.

We had the factory make up a 2nd bathroom cabinet that fits over the half of the window. It still allows some light, but gives us more shelving. It's worked out great and stain matches perfectly. In our 1st Suite, we had the factory make up new doors when we wanted to get rid of our fireplace. It was wired on the same breaker as other appliances and kept blowing the breaker, so was of no use to us.

Right now, we're working on the LED replacement bulbs, so will scratch that off the list once we find all the sources. Eventually, I want to change the gas range and put in a new residential refrigerator. But will have to wait for this one to bite the dust.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote