View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
terry and jo

While I am far from an expert on the matters of brake controllers, when we ordered out 2010, the dealer ordered our HBA-CAM or whatever. It may be that the parts could be different for different brands of trucks. That might be why DRV doesn't install any particular HBA-CAM, since they may not know what trucks will be used for towing the coach.

While conducting all my research reading I know that I read a lot of posts about there being problems with the Ford integrated braking system and the electric-over-hydraulic system that DRV puts on their units.

At the same time, I don't recall any issues with other brands of trucks being discussed at the time. In my research and contacts with DRV reps, I was initially told that when we ordered, we could order with the Dexter axles and the issue would be solved. Before we actually ordered, I received word that DRV had gone to the Carlisle system and that all was needed was the HBA-CAM to solve the problem.

When we picked up our 2010 to start with, they hadn't gotten the "cam" in and they were on back-order. So we took it home anyway so we could start learning about the DRV's and its different systems. We initially got the "trailer not hooked" message. After getting the HBA-CAM in and installed, no messages and all the brakes work fine. No problems.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote