View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 09:49 AM   #49
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Test all the draws and cabinet locks. Fire place lock. Mine is NOT locking. I put a strap to hold it until I get home for better fix. Learn all about the level-up system.
Yeah - that fireplace thing

And when you head up to the dealer, bring a pool noodle with you, and have velcro straps for once you start loading the cabinets.

Pool noodle, cut a bunch of 6" pieces and put over all the handles between the island and off door slide. That should save you from dents in the freezer drawer and dishwasher.
Our garbage can slide had no catch or self closing glides (it does now)
The dish washer drawer only locks when running, gravity holds it closed when not in use. we have dents from two of the drawers.

Velcro straps for the double cabinet doors. On one of our trips just about every cabinet on the fridge slide opened. Damage and mess.

I also use foam pipe insulation pieces on the bottom door shelfs of the fridge. This keeps the crisper drawer from rubbing against the door when traveling.

On the door slide, open all the overhead cabinets, try not to look surprised when you see a 10' running length of cabinets with no dividers. And while you are looking, leave all those doors up, see how long they will stay open, if they will.

Look under the slides to make sure the weather strip is actually sealing against the bottom of the slide. My entire fridge slide is not sealed with the W/S.

The dark picture - those are not LED's under the slide, that is daylight during sunrise, disappears as the sun rises.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6431.jpg (115.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3897.jpg (82.2 KB, 6 views)
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote