View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #39
Rockyhud

Since I had the landing gear repairs done locally and am pleased with the results I decided I needed to contact Joshua at Lippert to let him know about the repairs and that we won't be using their offer to repair/replace the landing gear. While doing this I briefly explained what the local service center did to identify the faulty parts (hoses) and what they did to resolve the issue. Here's what he replied back.

"I'm glad that you were able to get this resolved semi-locally. Rest assured we would have, in fact, done the same to verify that there were not any faulty components that could mimic the landing gear failing as well. It would be a shame to go through such an invasive procedure, just to find out that it was not the jacks at fault. Some of the people I have spoke with do not understand this and throw fault on the jacks immediately. Thank you so much for your honesty and praise for this situation. Please keep us in mind for future service or even any upgrades you may seek. We are more than happy to help. Have a great day!"

First of all, I was impressed that he took the time to reply back and thank me for letting him know we wouldn't be needing their services. I also found it interesting his comment about some people not understanding how to troubleshoot and immediately blame the jacks instead of methodically finding the real cause of the problem. From this response it indicates, to me at least, Lippert would do a thorough assessment of the problem and take the proper steps to remedy the issue, instead of just throwing parts at the problem then seeing (hoping?) if that fixed it. From that I'd say anyone who doesn't have a known good service center nearby can be assured they'll get a quality repair if they decide to have Lippert take care of the issue(s).
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote