View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
terry and jo

I found an e-mail address on the website for Lippert today and sent a message and received a reply. That message and reply will follow. I will note that I have replied to Mr. Bice to verify that they are recommending the Dexron III for all model years. So far, I've not received a reply to my request for clarification.

The bottom part is, of course, my original message:

TERRY,

We recommend Dexron 3 transmission fluid in our systems

David Bice
Lippert Components Inc
Customer Service Representative
866-524-7821
574-534-7161 Fax

Thank you for your business.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 1:30 PM
To: Ecommerce User
Subject: Type of Fluids for RV Hydraulics

Sir or Madam,

At 5th Wheel Forums, there is a discussion going on online about the type of fluid to use in the hydraulic systems in DRV Suites fifth wheels. The link to the discussion is here:

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums...=lippert+email

The different DRV Suites models range over different years and some of the owners are reporting different types of automatic transmission fluid for use in the hydraulic system in their units. With some calling for Dexron II or III and others just mention ATF as a fluid.

With the possibility that Lippert might have changed types over the years, is there a specific type of fluid for different model years or can one particular type of automatic transmission fluid be used in all of them.

I have searched for and found this e-mail address via the internet, so if it is addressed to the wrong department or person, could you please forward it to the proper individual or reply to me with the correct e-mail address.

Thank you for your time and consideration. By the way, my wife and I own a 2010 DRV Suites 38 foot Mobile Suites and the level up system on it was my first experience with hydraulics on an RV. Even though I was familiar with hydraulic systems on farm equipment, I was very pleasantly amazed with the speed of raising the front of the coach, leveling the whole coach, and the operation of the slides. How is it that one can fall in love with mechanical devices?

Terry Miller
Tuttle, OK
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote