View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
caddojay

Well, I spent the day under the unit and investigating to limiters plates. Yes, our slides are the electric slides. I'm not aware of the hydraulic slides operation with the brackets.
Just what I suspected, one small size 14 metal screw is all that holds the slide bracket in place. After a trip to Home Depot in Corpus, I drilled a pilot hole and installed 2 additional size 14, self-tapping screw-bolts to the limiters. The bracket is the same bracket that is on the outside of the slide arms and controls the distance as the slide comes in. The bracket is a simple "L" bracket and has slots cut into it to allow placement and adjustment. The other issue of the square tube coming loose concerns me, as well. I mentioned this in the previous post. Has there been any others with a history of this occurring? There is no "collar" on the side of the tube that connects to the far end, away from the motor, and under the fridge side. It is simply stuck into the hole and has about 4 inches hanging out of the gear mechanism. I'm going to attempt to find a similar collar and add it to the tubes on both side to prevent this from happenning again. Our camera has died, so I can't send pics. I'll get some, soon.
Texas' oldest and only natural lake
caddojay is offline   Reply With Quote