Thread: Solar Install
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #4
Chad Heiser

I had my trailer delivered with the Magnum 3012 Hybrid inverter set up. I did not want to run the big inverter and power everything in the trailer while I was running down the road just to keep the refrigerator running. Because of this, I added a Magnum 1012 PSW inverter along with a Magnum CSW-TS15 transfer switch to the refrigerator power circuit. This gives me the option of running the refrigerator from shore/generator power (as normal), from the big inverter or from the small inverter. I also had DRV run 4 gauge solar prep wire for me rather than their standard 6 gauge wire because I knew I was going to have a large solar array. The other thing I had DRV do for me was run all the 12 volt wiring to one compartment (the door side battery compartment) rather than splitting it between the two battery compartments like they normally do with their standard large inverter installation. This made wiring up the stuff I wanted to add much easier.

I'm happy to share information about my set up. I did a full write up on my system over on the Escapees forum. Here is a link to that. I'm happy to share whatever knowledge I can.
Chad Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote