View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
porkchop

I have never seen , nor been in your trailer. You have never seen nor been in mine. I am not unknowledgeable about this subject either. I have a EE< PE hanging on my wall plus almost 40 years of practical experience in the field. I do know the difference between a Cat 5 port and a telephone port and what a 4 twisted pair cable looks like. Contrary to your statement, Cat 5 is not the standard cable used in homes in the US yet, nor is all Cat 5 blue. Cat 6E will be probably be the standard soon, but not yet. Don't know about Canada.

I can assure you MY TRAILER has a Cat 5 input in the wet bay and a matching connection by the TV. They are connected together with a Cat 5, 4 pair twisted cable. I have NO telephone ports anywhere in MY trailer.

The jack that was "hidden" in the closet is in fact a direct connection cable between the control box and the after market satellite dish to be mounted on the roof. Straight shot. No other use for this one. Mine does not have a Jack at this location however. There is simply a cable with the proper male plug attached on both ends. It connected directly to my antenna on one end and control box on the other.

As said before, YEMV

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote