View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 04:55 AM   #47
RodeWorthy

Leveller setup

Ponch, at this point I am more comfortable with my old personal level indicators: bubble levels, doors that stay put, etc. The wireless is close and once I get this working the way I want I can recalibrate it to match my sense of level.

However, that is not the issue. While hooked to the truck I can level side to side and have both levellers on the ground. When I set the landing gear and remove the truck often the high side leveller no longer touches the ground and the side to side level has changed. It is around 1" off according to the wireless digital level and my bubble levels.

I tried to use my air hitch to bring the unit close to level front to back before setting the side to side but I could not get it low enough on its present site (my storage site). This is different for every site. I suspect it is just a matter of learning what works and then going with that. From what I have been told I hesitate to make adjustments to the side to side after the landing gear is on the ground. That would only be twisting the frame anyway.

I am considering deviating from the specified procedure by bringing the high side down first and lifting a bit on that side and then leveling with the low side cylinder. I do not want to put the whole load of the coach on the cylinders. The running gear should support the bulk of the trailer weight.

A friend had his installed just before mine and he has experienced the same thing. I wonder how the rest of you are dealing with this.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote