Thread: 36 tk3
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 05:03 AM   #40
Notanlines

At risk of poking a mad dog through the fence with a stick, Clev might I ask you to either take a picture of the yellow sticker on the door post of your F350 and post it for us, or just read the cargo capacity for us from that sticker and post it here. No other figures, just the cargo capacity. What we are discussing here is a very important part of RV ownership, one that is ignored by more RVers than you can imagine.
Cleve, since your truck is the one that has been discussed, let's use yours for an example. It is a vehicle that is the heaviest of the heavy F350 SRW. King Ranch model loaded with every option known to modern man. And then to top it off you extended Ford's options with a list of your own. You then loaded the truck with a 5th wheel hitch, probably in the 200-250 pound range. More if it is an autoslider. Let's add 26 gallons of fuel, 37 gallons if you have a longbed. Let's add three adults at say 175 pounds apiece. Maybe you only have you and Momma....I'm just going by an average. Would you say that maybe you've added 100 pounds of options? Maybe carry some tools? Clev, we've added right at 1000 pounds to your F350 and the RV hasn't been hooked up yet. By your statement Ford has a good idea of what the truck can haul and tow. You can't go further than the 11,500 less 1000 pounds. Your truck probably weighs in the 8500 pound range. That leaves you 2000 pounds for the pin weight of your RV.
What I have given you are real numbers, not something I pulled out of the air. I'm not "picking on you," I'm just making a point for other readers who might have the same idea that Suites can be hauled within manufacturers spec's with a 3500/350. Sorry, but you can't get there from here. You have to go home and start over.
And congrat's to all who have kept this conversation civil and interesting.

Merry Christmas to everyone out there.
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote