Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:31 PM   #1
Bestoutwest

2 questions

Hey guys, couple questions for those who know more than I.

First;

Are you covered by insurance if towing over maximum length in a jurisdiction? For example, it's 23m in Saskatchewan (5th wheel plus boat) but only 20 m (65.6 feet) in Alberta. So I'd be good in one place, but not the other. I know guys do it all the time (I know a 1/2 dozen personally who do), but I just don't want to get in an accident and have my insurance voided because I was towing over max length. Will insurance still cover me?

Second:
In order to meet max length requirements (if the answer to the above question is what I think it is), I need to get a shorter 5th wheel. I need one that is less than 29 feet TOTAL length. Not hitch/king pin to bumper. Total length. So probably less than 27 from pin to back bumper. It needs to have the tall front where the wife and I sleep (if she can't stand up there, she's not sleeping in it), and it needs to have jack and jill bunks or triple/quad bunks. And it needs to be $15,000 CDN or less. (Call it $11500 US or less).

If you could recommend an online filter that would sort through or narrow down models to what I need, that would be great. Otherwise, if you know a few models that meet those requirements, please let me know. I know with that price I'd be looking at roughly 9-14 years old 5th wheels. That's fine, provided they exist!

Thanks

Bestoutwest
Bestoutwest is offline   Reply With Quote