Thread: Popping Noises
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
WRWGN

Popping Noises

Has anyone heard popping noises from their coach while parked? My last coach had a Lippert Leveling System too. I would hear popping sounds when in colder weather. I talked to their customer service and they told me it was a known issue and Lippert has a procedure to add some anti-stiction fluid to the hydraulic system to solve the problem.

The closest I've been to colder weather is in NW Wyoming where it has been in the lower 40's at night. Just wondering if anyone has heard these noises from their coach?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm researching thr Lippert site for an official notice, but the Lippert process that was sent to me (not from Lippert) is:

This is from the Lippert addendum: ADDING ANTI-STICTION FLUID TO LCI HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS

Introduction:
If there is a popping noise in a Lippert Leveling system, Lippert has approved adding a quart of anti-stiction
fluid. Approved fluids are listed by brand name and fluid characteristics below:
1. Torco RFF Grade 15
2. Maxima Fork Oil Grade 15
3. Caterpillar Hydraulic Oil Additive 1U-9891

For maximum results in the shortest amount of time, please follow the preparation and procedure exactly
as written below. Failure to follow the preparation and procedure may result in delayed resolution of the
audible disturbance.

Preparation:
1. Obtain a clean container (large enough to hold a quart of fluid)
2. Obtain a fluid extraction device (siphon, turkey baster, etc.)
3. Fully retract all hydraulic cylinders and jacks.

Process:
1. Using the fluid extraction device, remove one quart of fluid from the power unit reservoir.
2. Add 1/2 quart of the specified fluid.
3. Extend all hydraulic cylinders and jacks fully.
4. Add the remaining amount of the specified fluid.
5. Fully retract all hydraulic cylinders and jacks.
6. Run the Auto-Level feature on the Level-Up system per the instructions found in the Owner's Manual.

NOTE: If the noise persists, the addition of a second quart may be necessary. Follow steps 1 through 6.

10 years full-timing & loving it. Located somewhere in the lower 48
WRWGN is offline   Reply With Quote