View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
USA in a Chevrolet

Thanks to all of you who replied with your experiences & suggestions. Let me give you guys a little background. We travel all over the country & most of the time the parks have cable or I can get a lot of channels on the TV antenna. However, for the second time I find myself in a park in Florida with no cable & very few stations that come in over the antenna, & most of them are spanish or PBS. We travel about 6 months a year & have cable at home. So, at this point I'm thinking of getting satellite for the rv & home. I really like HD television & get it over the air & am told that it easier to get HD with satellite using Dish. My first plan was to get the Winegard Carry Out satellite dish. Then I learned that it can only get 1 satellite at a time with the Carry Out. So now I'm thinking of going with the Traveler since we tend to travel a few days then stay for a week or 2 at one spot. Also, I want a receiver with the DVR function. Any suggestions about receivers? I'm hoping that Dish will give me a spare antenna to use if the Traveler won't work. I spoke to DRV this morning & they told me I should be able to find the wires in the rear most vent cap on my floor plan. I hope that is true! Does anyone have any suggestions for me based on these comments in my post?