View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
rotaxman

Sat

USA,

I had Doubletree install an auto aquiring sat dome on my 06 Mobile Suite.

I like the dome and it works well if you are pretty much in the open. When I bought this junk 09 I also installed an auto aquiring sat dome on it.

On this 09 the dome is mounted just a little forward of the bathroom when you are on the roof you will find the bathroom vent the white round one and a dummy vent just forward of that.

The wires are under that dummy vent but as Mike said they don't make it easy to find them. I had to go in the bathroom and take the skylight trim ring down and rummage around between the ceiling and roof to find the wires.

There was no 12 volt power there to use so I ran a wire from the compartment with all the controls slide switches thermostat etc ,etc up to the ceiling of the bathroom. I also installed the power switch for the sat dome in that compartment.

To route it over to the sat wires I had to take down the fan trim ring in the bathroom so I could fish the wire from the control panel to the sat dome location.

It was a lot of work and you have to take everything apart in the bathroom and then put it all back together when your done only after you check and make sure the dome is working correctly.

Also DRV didn't give you a lot of cable so you will have to locate your dome in a spot where the cable will reach or extend your cables if you don't like where its setting.

As others have said having a portable dish is almost a must as most of the time the dome will not find the signal if there are trees near by.

I have Hughes Internet and purchased the Hughes Direcway universal Direc TV upgrade kit which consist of an arm that attaches to the transmitter on the Hughes net dish. Once you have Hughes net you have tv.

That being said I still carry a portable Direc Tv dish as sometimes there will be a tree that will be right in line with the upgrade kit and will block my tv signal. So I guess what I'am saying is a portable dish is a lot of help at times if you want tv.

Sorry for the book

Hope this was of some help.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS