View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Motor31

It's almost certainly back in the rats nest by the entertainment center with the main TV equipment. You will need to determine if it is on a signal splitter from the main feed to the main TV or not. If it is you will need to get rid of the splitter as it will severely degrade the signal from the dish.

If the wire just goes to the switch box and there is no splitter all you should need to do is plug the new receiver box into it and feed it to the TV. You will need to push the appropriate button on the switch box to open the feed from the dish to the receiver but with a second receiver in the bedroom you can then run both TV's simultaneously as long as you are both on the same satellite.

You can test the wires by hooking up a small battery (AA) with one terminal going to the copper wire and the other going to the threaded fitting then checking the other ends (rats nest) for voltage with a good multi meter. All you need is a AA battery, a couple of jumper wires, some tape and a multimeter. That's how I sorted out my system. It took all of an afternoon and I needed a couple beers to help calm down afterwards. I also labeled each wire for future reference.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote