View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
rjohnsonnm

I do exactly what Motor 31 wrote, with the addition of doing a complete flush about once a month. I do this by sticking a hose with a flushing wand on the end and sticking it down into the tank thru the comnode. I do it at the same time that I have the backflush running. I made a change to the flushing wand that you get at the RV stores. They come with 4 holes at 90 degree angles. I replaced the end with a PVC cap in which I drilled only 2 holes 180 degrees apart and then rotate it around while shining a flashlight down the hole. This gives maximum spray pressure and when I'm done the sensors work. I also do this when I get home and I am going to store the RV for awhile. When it is all really clean and totally drained I leave both dump valves open so air can get in and dry them out so stuff doesn't grow for the 3-5 months I'm at home.

Also, I don't add chemicals (waste of money because the black tank is only a holding tank and doesn't need to have the stuff eaten by enzymes) and I also use Sam's Club TP and have never had a bit of trouble. After all, it's all going out a 3" hole. Been doing it now for 4 years of 6-8 months per year on the road. The enzymes and expensive TP are scams that take a lot of extra money for no reason.
2004 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #0925
2011 F-350 Lariat Diesel Longbed
Albuquerque, NM
rjohnsonnm is offline   Reply With Quote