View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 AM   #23
hitchup

Here's another point of view.

We FTed in a 2006 Elite 36TK3 for 2 1/2 yrs. One of the first in production, very nice, got it for way under 6 figures and loved it. But with floorplan issues and new extra features available, we decided it would eventually need to be replaced for a different plan.

I did a spreadsheet of pros and cons to first upgrade the 2006 and then compare new MS to a new ES. It wasn't too hard of a decision to switch to a Mobile Suite with some Customizations, especially since we were able to change a 38TKSB3 into a 38RSSB3, which wasn't available in 2008. We got a much better floorplan that works for us at a MUCH lower price than the Elite totaled. The finishes are just as good as the Elite. And I don't miss my granite countertops at all.

We toured a few New Horizons at the 2007 Hershey Show. Back then, DRV and Tetons were much nicer, wider and had better cabinetry. And funny thing DRV always came in at the lowest price of the 5 major mfgers, including Carriage Royals and Newmar. So that's why after touring the DRV factory in 2008, we ordered a new one.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote