View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
rdunk

Mark, play with it a little more. What Keith said is how to do it. I also have an 05 RE3, and that is how I get mine to work. I don't use the surround very much, but when I do, it is:

1. "Start by turning the tv speakers to "off" - using the Sony TV control, go to "menu"/music notes box/speakers/off, as Keith said.

2. Turn on the two boxes that make up the "audio/video control center".

3. Hit the video 2 button on the primary a/v box.

4. Hit the "music" button, or the "2 ch" button on the smaller a/v box.

5. Hit the "speakers" button on the smaller av box, to turn on the desired surround speakers

6. Using the Sony A/V control, adjust the sound as you like. Using the "music" button, you also can vary the type of sound, concert hall, jazz, etc.

I just did mine again, and that is how mine works. It is working now. The only thing I changed on the tv is to turn the speakers to off. Of course, don't forget to turn the tv speakers back on, if you turn the surround sound off, and then want to watch tv. With the surround speakers on, you must use the a/v control for all sound changes - volume changes/etc.

Is your RE surround sound wired the same as mine??? Who knows.

Mark, if you do get it to work, don/t feel bad. Most of us have gone through the very same thing on the A/V that you are going through right now.

Good luck!!!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote