View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
slide out

after removing everything from uner the bed, the king size mattress and the metal frame we found all kinds fo screwws loose under there so we tightened them down and added some and now it woriks fine. before this the slide made a clunking sound...now it's smooth as can be.
others told me theirs clunked too, so I thought it was normal. and it had made that clunk since the day we picked it up in June 2007....now i know it was not normal at all. DRV now knows of this problem and they have replaced other forum users slides with bolts....not lag scress which Roadworthy (sp?) had used...DRV took it step further with the bolts. I will have to look and find out what size bolts.
The bad news is that we will have to do this again and replace our fix with stronger bolts.
The whole job took us 11 hours..probably because I was not strong enough to wrestle much with the heavy stuff......but I did it anyway. if two guys did the heavy lifting it would help. and only one person can fit inside the frame. the metal frame was the worse part....lining everthing up just perfectly was awfull hard. everyone check your slides! Berghild
EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote