View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
Motor31

Dealer endorsement

I know that we are often having a hard time finding a dealer that will work on trailers they didn't sell. I found one that has better ethics than that.

Last Friday we were leaving the Corps of Engineers campground at Fall River Kansas. The tanks were full so I tried to dump them. When I pulled the black tank valve, nothing happened. It's always been very hard to operate so I couldn't feel if the valve separated from the cable. The valve assembly is a molded part with a very long protrusion on it so I couldn't see any movement in it either.

We left the campground and stumbled across Flint Hills RV just to the East of Wichita on Highway 400 / 54. (800-748-7306). They are an MS dealer. Even though it was noon on Friday the tech went to look at the rig as soon as lunch was over. He found that the valve was moving but the seal had deteriorated allowing all of the liquid to leak out and leaving the solids. It refused to fully seal up again. We added lots of water and flushed the tank twice. Then he replaced the valve. It now works from inside the basement and not from the side position. I can live with that. It also works far far easier than before as the cable assembly was very sticky.

We were on the road again by 3:00 PM and that was after I flushed the tank 3 more times. Total shop charge was 1 hour labor plus the new valve.

If you are in the Wichita area, I highly recommend these folks for service.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote