View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #16
bstark

Does anyone else notice the depth of the cargo doors and that little side compartment door visible further back? That indicates to me that they've used either a commercial narrow frame platform or have used a drop frame of smaller tubing in that area with the large framing in the goose neck area above the cargo area. JMHO, but the fact they've stayed away from the hydraulic and electric legs altogether but have stayed with a much heavier landing gear indicates to me that this is perhaps meant to be set up for months at a time in one location. How many RV'ers would want to perform that hand crank at every stop. The reduction gear box for the legs would usually be mounted to the side of the frame rail so I'm going to "assume" that if you open that cargo door you'd be looking at a stepped up cargo floor about a foot inside that door.

Altogether a very beautiful unit, and carrying capacity aside, at 56 feet and 21,000lbs, needing an MDT or better yet a full HDT to tow it with. The answer would then follow that you would carry your heavier stuff on the truck rather than the trailer. That would also make you very near the 75' max towing length in some areas. My truck at 25' (same length as a Volvo 610 singled) would actually have me very close depending on how much of the bedroom overhang is over the back of the truck. You sure wouldn't want anything hanging off the rear of it to raise a trooper's eyebrows.