View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
rverdlm

First, I'm curious why your '06 has a lower number than your '05? The furnace issue does not seem normal to me. How is the air flow from the ducts? Is there any off time or does it just mostly run the whole time it is cold? Is the air coming from the ducts quite warm or just tepid? Have you checked the air coming from the outside exhaust? It should be to hot to hold your hand in for more than a moment. There are all kinds of protection (safety) sensor in the furnace and it seems like one of them is shutting the furnace (flame) down. It could also be low gas pressure. Try lighting the stove while the furnace is running. I had a furnace problem a while back (can't remember the symptoms) and when I tried to light the stove while the furnace was running the stove flame was almost non-existent. The problem turned out to be that liquid propane had gotten into the top tank valve (from my tipping it when putting it up onto the platform) and I was getting almost no gas to the furnace. The solution to that was for me to bled gas from the tank by loosening the screw on (green hand one) fitting from the tank. If you do it carefully and hold it in just the right position you can hear it escape. After doing this a couple of times everything work right. Now I'm very careful to keep the tanks as near vertical as possible. When it's in the 20's our furnace runs less than half time. It runs a while then shuts off for a somewhat longer time. I have not actually put a timer to it, but the off time is enough longer that it's obvious. Hope this helps.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote