Thread: Blowout on I40
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #15
Partimer

Send a message via MSN to Partimer
I had a Rim failure on May 20, 2007. We started our trip in Albuquerque heading east on I40 and 95 miles later traveling at 65 mph, I heard a Boom and looked at the driver side mirror and seen the left front trailer tire wobble out into view then back under the trailer. After stopping and checking for damage I found no damage on the trailer but had only 1/3 of the outer edge of Rim left in tact, I guess the rest of the Rim is in the median on I40. I called MS and was given a phone number for the supplier of Rims and Tires in Texas. I checked my Rims for where they were manufactured, Argentina. The outfit in Texas, Tredit sent out 4 new Rims, a tire, and one hub cover. The new Rims are made in China! I feel all warm and fuzzy now! But I have just put on 5500 miles with no more tire problems and I'm back home in Albq. By the way I stopped off in Howe, IN at MS for warranty work. The Service people are great and I can't say enough good about them!
2006 Mobile Suites 36TK3 #2454,
Trlair pinbox & CP Susp.
2008 Dodge 5500 Quad Cab-Hauler, CTD,
6spd Auto, 4:88, Utility Body Werks -Elite Bed, Kelderman Air Ride, DRW, 22k Reese.
SOITC Member joined 2009.
Partimer is offline   Reply With Quote