Thread: Blowout on I40
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
traveler

Responding to the question if I would know I had a blowout. Without question--I heard it and look in my mirrors and saw the smoke.

After some effort, I bought for about $600 total two tires--one in Albuquerque and another in Flagstaff. These G rated 16 inch tires are hard to find. I hope I do not need them, but at least I now won't be spending time trying to find them.

As for the claim process, it seems to be simple, but we will see about that too. the Goodyear tire place I went to in Albuquerque had the necessary form, filled it out and faxed it to Goodyear. They kept the tire and will send it to Goodyear. I suppose I will have to wait a few weeks for a response. A friend of mine went through this and they paid quickly his deductible and tire cost. My insurance company is now involved and they say they will probably go after Goodyear for the rest of the costs.

My attitude is to let them figure all of this out and not worry about it. Somehow, I will get reimbursed to some extent. I will get the trailer fixed in a few months when I return to Texas. In the meantime, I think I will play golf and enjoy the Pacific northwest and Montana--where I will be for three months. It is hard to be stoaic, but if you RV you need to work on your attitude, or else you will go bananas.
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote