View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #13
OB

bstark said
"I tentatively agree with everything you have said BUT, your LondonAire & truck experience using inflation tables was gathered with Michilin's and your 40' LondonAire probably had triple axles? If so, your load was spread over 6 tires, not four. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Sir ! My Londonaire was a 37RL and measured just over 40 feet. It had MorRyde 8K independant suspension axles with 4 tires.

I have compared the normal loaded weights of the LondonAire with the normally loaded weight of the MS. The MS weighs in at a total loaded weight of 15780 lbs. That happens to be 920 pounds more than the Londonaire with about the same clothes, food, toys, water and propane on board. The MS weighs in with 3380 on the pin and 6200 lbs on each of the two axles. Thats 420 lbs more pin weight plus 250 lbs across each axle than the LondonAire had. So my weights on the MS trailer tires are comparable to the Michelins.

So where does this put me? With a conclusion that the manufacturers load inflation tables might just be the way to follow in inflating my G614 tires.

Question? What has the cold inflation pressures been on most of the 614 failures ?
Best Regards
OB
04 36TK3 #1207 w/5th airborne pin hitch
OB is offline   Reply With Quote