View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
17Oaks

New Guy question

Beginning to look at possible 5th wheel set ups and I have a couple of questions to get me looking at various brands.

1) Trying to find the shortest possible 5th wheel and getting more mixed answers than a box of chocolates. Been told the shortest is 30 feet, but I saw one and they guy who owned it told me it was a '24????

2) While length and engineering is interest, the wife is more into quality, meaning no junk, no down market, she believes cheap don't come good and good don't come cheap...does not have to be Rolls Royce of the 5th wheel world but she does like nice.

The purpose behind this is that we have a Arctic Fox 1150 Truck Camper, its very nice and we love it, had it for 7 years. We also have 5 dogs and our newest tips the scales at nearly 90 lbs and I got to thinking maybe a bit more room for our dogs (and yes I would have no issue in buying a 5th for my dogs...our children). We had a 45' motorcoach before our truck camper and time I hooked up to my 30' box trailer to haul my Jeep I was 78' feet long and driving that monster was nothing but stress.

I know little if anything about 5th wheel brands, quality etc. Any help, suggestion would be appreciated, thank you...
17Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote