View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #13
porthole

Terry,

As above, you can't use the RV connection to a grill with a regulator, unless the line is plumbed in before the RV's installed regulator.

I do not recall the exact pressure, but I think it is between 1/2 to 1 PSI.
So if the RV feed is regulated down to 1/2 - 1 PSI, there is not enough pressure to open the grill's attached regulator at the same reduction.

You may not have gas flow poking the pin. The Propane quick connects use a special nipple that opens the internal seal. Look closely to a propane hose and an air hose you you should be able to see the difference. Some propane nipples have a secondary restrictor in them which will limit the flow even more.

Work around - remove the regulator form your grill.

On my Weber Q200 I got tired of replacing the regulator (3 times).

I removed it, added the necessary fittings, added a propane nipple, bought a 12' propane hose, adjustable regulator and some quick connects. I added a tap right at the onboard propane tank.

This also allows me to adjust the pressure to get that grill heated up.

I can't get you any pictures right know - everything is stripped off the trailer and stuffed into my motorcycle trailer and garage - getting ready to go get our new rig in a few hours.

And - one last thing, although today we honor our Veterans that have passed, I'm offering a shout out to you to for your service, thank-you !!!
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote