View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
kdclc1

HELP......Mice damage to electrical system

Hello, I am looking for some experienced advice on an issue on a 2011 DRV Elite Suites 38RESB3 that we have put a deposit on.
1 the Camper is an absolute Cherry and everything we want in a Camper.
2 during my own pre purchase inspection I discovered some electrical issues.
3 I was able to contact the previous owner who bought the Camper new and traded it in 1 week ago, here's what he said...

"I used the Camper about 3 times during the 5 yrs. I had it, when not in use it was stored in the Barn. During that time it was inhabited by mice and yes, I am aware of the electrical issues"

4 so far my discussions with experienced technicians indicate the interior walls may need to be removed to correctly repair the wiring.
5 DRV uses Wool Insulation, I am extremely concerned about the cost and fire hazard even after the defective wires are repaired due to some electrical arching caused by unidentified compromised wires having the insulation knawed by mice.
6 I have contacted the Inspection Company who is scheduled to Inspect the Camper, they are hesitant about the Camper.

Has anyone else been through something like this in either an owner or technician capacity? I would appreciate your candor. Thx Kevin & Cheryl.
kdclc1 is offline   Reply With Quote