Thread: %off MSRP
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
Gemstone

Another way to achieve a bigger discount is to strip a lot of the options out of your deal...for instance, you can provide a washer and dryer, better quality and cheaper than the factory (bought ours locally and had them shipped to the dealer for installation), same for the entertainment system, (TV's in particular), the bedding (the typical RV mattress is junk) , the easy chairs, coffee maker (our Cuisinart sits on the counter and rides in the sink when we are on the move), the faucets (not really an option, but ask to provide your own residential quality, we've replaced our factory junk faucets since purchase). Get creative, whatever options you can provide of better quality and price means you'll be happier, with more money in your pocket.
One place I would not scrimp would be the running gear...get the best axles, wheels, tires, brakes, and pin box they offer.

One piece of advice you did not ask for, but I'll offer anyway....don't let the dealer tell you that any 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck will do the job...DRV products are among the heaviest manufactured. Look at the signature lines of all the folks who have responded to your posting....none of us use a light duty truck....and I'd wager most of us had to learn the hard way.

Good Luck
Gemstone