Thread: Slide rollers
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #37
Motor31

Welp, I got into the basement and looked at the rollers on both big slides. As far as I can tell there is some wear on the door side slide rollers but nothing substantial. I jacked up one end that mu mirror showed had the most wear. While there is a gap on the top of the axle support I could find no great amount of slop with the rollers themselves. The bushings were still in place, round and not wobbly. I tried to see if the rollers would move up and down as well as rock them for play on the axle. No real play at all, certainly nothing even close to the situation like the collapse I saw in the posted pix. The kitchen side rollers were in even better condition. I hit them with some LPS rust preventer lube and closed the belly up. I did find the wooden supports placed to secure the belly cover was a very soft pine. My weak electric screw driver had no trouble starting and seating wood screws to help close the access holes I made or opened up.

I had hoped there might be some kind of roller I could adjust on the flush floor slide (door) to help keep the carpet from getting dirty. It seems a really cheesy idea to just have the slide forward edge rest and slide directly on the carpeted floor but that's how drv did it. I guess all you can do it pull the slide in a few inches then get in the ledge area to clean it out. Unfortunately it still is susceptible to collecting road dirt as it isn't really sealed off that well when the slide is in.

On the next day or so I'll be trying for the height adjustment on the kitchen slide partition roller. Hopefully I'll have a better result with that.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote