Thread: Slide rollers
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #32
billr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
Joe,

Thanks for the clue about the rollers. As far as I know I have a set of metal rollers at the inside portion of the kitchen area where the aluminum angle rests. I do not see any other ones but there might be a set at the edge of the stationary floor that I can't see from the inside.

In my case the edge of the pocket door frame contacts the floor as the slide comes in close to the closed point and then picks the edge up as the final movement takes place when the slide mates with the outside wall. It took a chunk out of the linoleum. I replaced the aluminum angle as it had bent and pulled away from the wall inside the pocket on the outside portion of the assembly. That let the load bearing portion of the interior partition drop down and have wood to metal roller contact. The wood, soft pine of course, collapsed when this happened. Replacing the aluminum seemed to gain a bit of clearance but there is still some angular movement on the interior edge of the pocket door. We exercised the slide one time after replacing the metal and it seemed to clear.

I posted pix of this situation way back when it happened the first time about 3 years ago. I'll have to look for the post and make a link to it for anyone else who might have the same situation.

I'll send an e-mail to Cross and see if he can give me more info about where those rollers should be located. It would not surprise me a bit to find out they are missing.
Mike, I had to repair this on our 05 38RL3 twice now. The first time the adjustment bolts snapped on that roller assy under the Kit wall inside that pocket door. I removed the whole thing and replaced the bolt and adjusted. Not too bad, have to get in from under sink and door area.

Second time the allum angle that RV screwed in with 3 little self tappers into the wood let go and caused a mess.

I have now moved the roller assy over a bit and lined it up better with the wall and put the allum angle on the opposite side of the inner pocket door wall frome where they had it. I bolted it through the main wood base with long bolts and large washers. Not going anywhere now. seems to be working very well now.

Sorry no pics, but once your in there of if you have already been there you can see your way through it.

Don't forget to check the outer wall rollers there are 4 I think. Can access them under the outside slide wall bottom at frame by pulling up the rubber seal. You may know about these, they can pop out of the mounts.

Bill
05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote