Thread: Slide rollers
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #28
wingnut60
Site Team

Mike,

I questioned the parts person about the price--she told me that was correct. I suspect they had it in stock for some time, maybe that is why the differential. They are correctly called "gear packs" by Lippert.

When at Indiana Interstate, I asked Paul Cross about the kitchen slide, and why some people had marks on the linoleum--he said that he had seen many instances of the middle roller missing completely (believe he said there were supposed to be 3) and he had done lots of work on that slide for roller problems. I don't have any markings on my linoleum.

You might want to call Cross and ask him about the rollers--I have recently emailed him about my popping sound on the opposite slide and he has given me some adjustment ideas. My door slide has always hung up at the upper front corner--obvious why, the plastic knob that I suppose is there to keep the slide in while traveling, hangs up on the flange that is on the trailer body. Goes in fine, hangs up bad coming out. When looking at the closed slide, I would expect it to look 'cocked' toward that corner but it is even all around--no gaps different at any place around the entire slide. He suggested I elevate that side by using the adjustment bolts at the end of the slide tubes--I plan to experiment a little on that.

I might have to break down and take it to Bennetts to have them look at it before our AK trip this summer--gotta do something about it.

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote