Thread: Slide rollers
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #22
Motor31

HHHMMMM I kind of thought there might be some kind of ratchet pawl on the gear as a locking mechanism to keep the slide from moving in transit. That was what I figured caused the ratcheting sound. Now I really am curious about it. It's a shame you have to undo the bottom liner to even get a look at the situation.

The problem I have with the kitchen slide is in the center portion. It is viewed from inside the pocket door. They used a piece of angle aluminum about 2.5" to a side for the surface of the center of the slide to mate with the roller for weight carrying. It is on the sink side of the pocket door interior. The stress on it tends to force the angle aluminum to the side and pulls the mounting screws out of the wall. Once the metal has pulled away enough it allows the wooden under structure to contact the roller dropping the center of the slide down and crushing the lower wooden construction of the slide.

When that happened to me in Montana about 3 years ago I posted pix of the situation and what I did to fix it.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote