View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 10:00 PM   #15
stanleyz

In the interest of full disclosure I had to come back and make a follow up post, We expected the door side slide could be a problem scratching the wood floor. We under estimated the problem, My trailer is a 05. The inside of the door slide has a hard plastic on it that I guess is designed to allow it to slide on carpet. It does not slide well on the wood, scratches the heck out of it.

So far I have been using a couple of squares under the hard plastic slide material. Dropping it under the slide as it comes in. That works some but there are still a bunch of light scratches in the middle. Today I tried removing the hard plastic piece. Bad idea. Don't try that the slide will not ramp up in to the RV. I'm still working on correcting that bad decision.

We are now thinking a piece of runner with a nice soft nap that we can lay under the full length of the slide as it comes in. Length is 12 feet or so. A 6 foot runner cut down the middle should do the job and protect the wood, a better answer would be to install some rollers but that would probably require building some kind of ramp.. Any way if you do this expect this issue.