View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
BlueSkyRanch

I have owned 5 towables, 3 motor homes and one DRV Mobile Suites. Over and over again I hear RV manufactures, owners and sales people say, "You have to expect a few problems." I for one, do not subscribe to that assumption. Made in America needs to also mean of the highest quality.

Hehr Windows - I have had 60% of my windows fail in the first year. I have been communicating with DRV and recently with Hehr. I asked, Why are we seeing such a high rate of failure? What is Hehr doing to reduce defects? and what can we expect in the future. I am happy to report that I received a lengthy email from the General Manager of the Hehr Indiana Plant. The following is part of that email outlining what Hehr is doing to reduce defects. I am pleased with their response.

The following steps have been implemented in the manufacturing process at Plymouth:

1 - Installed a purification water system with reverse osmosis.

2 - Rebuilt the glass wash machine (November 2010).

3 - Switched to HB Fuller Urethane as a secondary seal recommended by the Superspacer supplier (September 2010).

4 - Installed a pinch roller in April 2011 to be certain of Superspacer’s adhesion to glass.

5 - Use a Silicone pad to form a smooth transition on each corner and the splice of the secondary Urethane seal.

We are in the process to add a heating element to the drying fan to make sure that the glass is completely dry before its use. Since 85% of the failures have been the vent glass, then every vent will be submerged in water to make sure of the seal. This motion is effective June 8, 2011.