View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #17
The View 5046

I have seen no Federal Law in writing stating you are required to have a CDL. However some States are now requiring some type of Indorsements for drivers to pull or drive a certain classes of RV's. Is a Money situation, the States have figured out another way to get your money. Remember this when you vote.

When the Federal Law was put into Law, it was to make the Heavy Truck industry safer, I don't believe it did. In those days most drivers had more that one Lic. we called them Cowboy Truck drivers, they had many speeding tickets. I do know it sent many great Truck Drivers home, because they couldn't pass the test. And it made Millions for the Federal and State Governments. It created a whole new industry. I have had a license to drive Heavy Trucks (then is was called a Chaffer Lic) since I was 21. And use to pay $6.00 to renew for 6 year. I was grandfathered into the CDL Program, but it cost several hundred dollar to renew my CDL ever time I renew.

Its always interesting to ask a person who is Testing people to get a CDL how many miles they have driven a Class 8 Truck. I wouldn't worry about any State except the State that issues your Lic. The internet has many things that just aren't true. Good Luck.

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote