View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
I installed mine in the power compartment without the remote unit. It was about a little less than 1 hour start to finish. Only one time did we go through one night in an rv park without power as the unit was not happy with what the park was delivering and shut us down. I was going to install a bypass switch in case that ever happened again so even though the parks power was low or fluctuating, we could still have run the tv or a fan, but when it shuts down, nothing goes through. I felt that unit was a MUST have accessory to our trailer and with the non remote unit when I plugged in I watched each line power and knew if we had good or bad power. I didn't stay at Holiday Inn and would never say I was an electrician, but the directions were very good and I felt after reading them I could do the install. If your not sure of what you can do, then hiring an electrician is not the end of the world and do what makes you feel comfortable. As Wingnut said, your going to have to drop, or cut into the bottom covering to gain access to run the remote wiring and that will be troublesome and time consuming. If your going to hire the electrician doing that work before he/she arrives will save you money.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote