View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
rogermack50

wingnut60,
Thanks for the message and kind wishes.
I do have GasBuddy /Gas Guru as Apps on my phone..
but there are a few problems for me with Books, Apps etc
I have looked at samples and found that they don't include things that matter to me..i.e.
Is it Easy Off/Easy On Interstate...as I have found out while driving especially through Virginia is that signs on the Interstate may say Gas this Exit and show a few brands etc but then you get off and find its either a one way divided road that leads you a few miles away to Doom with No place for a 5th Wheel to fuel or to turn around etc...i have been peeved in my car in the past, now as you certainly can imagine hauling a 36' 5th wheel..LOL
a Big 2nd is part of my 19 approved veteran 520% disabilities is that I have No Voice...that's a big one, when I'm driving I can not communicate with my passenger etc...just Shutup and Drive...for however long I drive, and to make matters worse my older Brother Bill is the least tech savy person that ever existed, he barely answers a email every 60 days, has no idea what a smart phone or app can do, uses a flip phone...does not text etc...you get the picture...we might as while be Deaf and Dumb going down the highway...notice i use the word Dumb only in the technology sense of the word, I don't want to get 1000 troll messages calling me Hitlers son etc going forward LOL..One of my favorite things that I write out on my notepad when people ask me some stupid questions is
"No I'm not Deaf and Dumb, I'm just the Dumb part, unfortunately, I can still hear your sorry a$$"
Some laugh, others are offended, either way, it doesnt bother me because I can play the Deaf part also if needed...But I'm a Marine, so not for long...LOL

So Wingnut, I need to plan before I act, while on the road its too late for me to make a valid decision like most people can.
I certainly appreciate your reply but I'm hoping that someone out there has written down notes and are willing to share...
Thank You
rogermack50 is offline   Reply With Quote