View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #11
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2338
Ended up with a pair of recliners that are a little wider than I wanted to go with at 39" wide. Our first choice of sofa I thought maybe a little too deep. it is 44" in total depth.

What is the available space for the couch?

Our final selection is for a mattress. I am assuming the king size in the MS is the same as a residential at 76x80. True? Also, do we use a box spring for the mattress?

m
Mike,

It would be a good thing to wait on the replacement furniture until you can measure both the area in the slide and the back area for the couch, providing you are ordering something with a rear living area. Our 38TKSB3 is fine with either two recliners in the slide or the couch in the slide. However, we have less than 36 inches between the back edge of our slides and the rear of the coach. Your 44 inch deep couch (presuming that you mean for "deep" to be from front of couch to back of couch) would not allow the slides to even be retracted into the coach, if the couch was placed in the rear.

That is why our La-Z-Boy loveseat is located in the door side slide. We have the option of moving our Lane euro-chair around to allow for the 36 inch rear clearance that we have.

As for the bed, I have just a FYI for you. With the king size bed, you will only have one side table by the bed. If you go with a queen sized bed, DRV will put in two side tables (actually not tables but small cabinets with storage underneath), making it also a little easier for making the bed. In our case, we went with a queen-sized Select Comfort (sleep number) bed. We have a select comfort in our home and wouldn't be without one. Jo even thinks the RV Select Comfort is better than our home one.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote