Thread: new hitch
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
rdunk

Just for what it is worth, i agree with the other "TrailerSaver" hitch guys here. I looked long and hard before I bought the 5er hitch. IMO, the TrailerSaver is the best. I looked at the Curt hitch on the internet, and I would not be interested. The hitch footprint is about five inches wider on the Curt, and that would not have been good for me.

Yes, the Trailer does use just standard type rails.

The head on the TrailerSaver has been lab tested at or beyond 32K.

All of the TrailerSaver hitch structure is thick steel plate. None of it is "formed" from sheet steel.

What I really liked about the TrailerSaver, besides its heavy construction was, one can know by three different check points that the hitch is "on the pin, and locked". First if the jaws are together, you know it is on the pin right. Then, if the spring loaded locking pin will insert behind the locking steel bar, you know the jaws are locked around the pin. Then, as a third know (for personal comfort), there is a hole for a padlock, which when inserted, also locks the locking bar, so it cannot be removed by pranksters, or otherwise.

I felt completely safe with the TrailersSaver. All just need to always be careful. I did see one leave the RV park, and just got out of the gate, and the 5er came out of the hitch, onto the bed of the truck. Wasn't real bad, but then it likely would have been different at 60 miles per hour, if it had come out o the highway!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote